The Miller Beach Farmers Market is organized and operated by community volunteers as an extension of the Miller Beach Arts & Creative District, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. It is held rain or shine on a grassy lot at 667 S. Lake Street, just south of Route 12 in Gary, Indiana. The Farmers Market runs consecutive Sundays from 10 am – 3 pm, starting the first Sunday in May and continuing through the last Sunday in September.
Our Market showcases a broad range of artisan and craft goods, including fresh produce, baked goods, ethnic foods, honey wine, herbs and plants, fresh cut flowers, handmade soaps and body butters, gourmet cheese, jewelry, iron work, and artwork. We also sponsor regional non-profit booths for the purpose of community outreach and education.
We see the Market as an open and accepting community space. Diversity is welcomed, and discriminatory behavior will not be tolerated.
- Application Process: All vendors must complete the attached application. Vendors are responsible for procuring and showing upon request any licenses or permits that are required for production or sale of one's goods. We reserve the right to limit the number of vendors approved to sell certain items.
- Booth Space: Booths are 10 ft x 10 ft and will be assigned at our Pre-Season Vendor meeting in April. There is no running water or electric hook-up at the site. Vendors are required to have a tent.
- Set-Up/Tear-Down: Vendors are expected to be set up by 10 am. A Site Manager will be present at least one hour prior to start time to oversee set up and after closing to oversee take down. No one is allowed to set up late or tear down early without special permission from the Site Manager. Vehicles may be parked directly behind one's booth.
- Inclement Weather: The Miller Beach Farmers Market operates rain or shine. Site Manager will advise vendors via group text of any delay in set-up of the Market due to dangerous weather conditions. Vendors who do not text are responsible for contacting the Site Manager for these updates.
- Vendor Cancellation: Vendors who need to cancel a planned appearance at the Market due to illness or family emergency are required to contact the Site Manager prior to the start of the market. Any one who does not call and does not show up will be charged their weekly booth fee.
- Fees: Booth rental is $20 per week. Vendors who opt to pre-pay for the season will receive a 10% discount on their booth fees. Tents and tables are available for rental on a first come, first served basis. Each is $10 per week. Cash or check will be accepted on market days. Checks can be made payable to the Miller Beach Farmers Market.
- Referral Incentive: Any vendor who refers a new vendor to the market will receive 50% off their booth fee the first day the referee attends.
- Substitute Vendors: Since we limit certain types of vendors, we reserve the right to offer spots to substitute vendors on dates that contacted vendors have indicated they are not available to attend the market. If you are interested in being a substitute (on-call) vendor, please indicate that on your application.
Programming and Vendor Relations:
Miller Beach Farmers Market Vendor Application
To apply, please fill out the online form below. If you prefer to mail a hard copy form, you can download it here: 2017 MB FarMar Guidelines and Application. Please mail your application to the following address:
Miller Beach Farmers Market c/o MBACD
P.O. Box 2405,
Gary, IN 46403